Friday, January 4, 2013

"When everbody leaves" by Jorge Teillier

 

When everyone goes to other planets
I'll stay in the abandoned city
drinking a last glass of beer
then going back to the town I always return to
like the drunk to the tavern
and the child to ride
on a broken rocker.
There I will have nothing to do,
but to put fireflies into my pockets
or walk on the banks of rusty rails
or sit on the gnawed counter of a store
so I can talk to former classmates.

As a spider walks
the same threads of its web,
I will leisurely
walk through the streets
invaded by weeds,
watching the pigeon lofts
breaking down,
up to my house
where I will lock myself in, listening
albums of a singer of 1930
without never caring to look
the infinite paths
set by the rockets in space.


No comments:

Post a Comment